In Person 5 Day Studio Workshop
At Dan's Personal Studio- Atelier Seventy One
January 15-19 2024
Join Dan and enjoy the company of an amazing small group of motivated artists
For a workshop experience like no other!
Limited to Just 4 Artists
Personally hosted by Dan for a very special intimate, fully immersive workshop experience in his personal studio
Included in the Workshop:
- Multiple Daily Demonstrations- a minimum of 2 daily with subjects ranging from an in studio still life to landscapes to street scenes to figures and beyond!
- A midweek outing to the American Museum of Western Art where we’ll do thumbnail studies & Figure Sketching At The Denver Train Station
- Individual Feedback & Support While You Paint Following The Demos
- Group Discussions with Q&A
Your Special Workshop Also Includes:
- Opening Evening Dinner Compliments of Dan at The Bull & Bush Restaurant
- A Midweek Visit To The Western Art Museum
- Morning gourmet coffee of your choice from Cafe Typica (across the studio courtyard)
- Closing Night Wine/Cocktail Celebration At The Studio
- Pick up & Return to DIA if you’re flying in from out of state
Is this workshop right for me?
- Do you have a desire to be a better painter? Then YES!
- Have you been struggling to improve with your painting? Then YES!
- Do you have a love and commitment for developing in watercolor? Then YES!
- Do you have a This workshop is open to artists of any level, however some watercolor experience is preferred
- If you’ve an absolute beginner and never held a brush, this probably is not a good fit
What's Not Included?
- Travel, accommodations and meals
- Painting supplies
What's the Schedule?
- Sunday night– 6pm- dinner at the Bull & Bush restaurant (near the studio, compliments of Dan)
- Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday– 9am-5pm – In Studio – 1 hour lunch break at 12:30
- Wednesday – 9am-Meet at the Studio- We will visit the Western Art Museum then sketching at the Train station, lunch will be at a restaurant downtown, afternoon work in the studio
- Dan will paint a morning and afternoon demo as well as mini exercises throughout the day directed towards your personal, individual development
What Should I Bring With Me?
- Painting Supplies
- Watercolor Paper
- Other misc supplies, tape, small water container, etc (see Dan’s supply list linked below)
When should I arrive/depart?
Flying in?- Plan to arrive DIA around 4 pm Sunday Jan 14th to help coordinate Dan’s pick up trip.
Allowing time for hotel check in and to attend the opening dinner at 6pm near Dan’s studio.
Flying out?- Plan to depart Saturday Jan 20th unless you are staying a few extra days to enjoy the Denver area
Local?- Plan to attend the opening dinner either meeting at Dans studio around 5:30pm or go straight to the Bull&Bush restaurant at 6pm
What if I need to cancel?
Although I understand the curves life can throw at us, due to the limited size of the workshop, absolutely no refunds will be given.
Credit can be applied to any of Dan’s online teaching resources or applied to the next Denver In Studio Workshop that Dan hosts.
Please be absolutely committed before enrolling.
Is there a nearby hotel?
Yes, there is a very close Hampton Inn hotel within walking distance
just a 3 min walk from the studio. Grocery stores and restaurants are also within walking distance
Other nearby hotels are available to suit your needs/budget. Please refer to the map
If you have any further questions or concerns please email Dan directly at email@example.com with In Studio Workshop in the subject line
5 Day WorkshopAt Dan's Studio Atelier Seventy One
2 Daily Studio Demonstrations
Mid Week Museum Visit and Live Sketching
Opening Night Dinner